Friday, November 23, 2012

Who Am I Really?

All my life I've been trained to be a certain way.

I wasn't allowed to express myself and anytime that I would try to express myself I would be shot down.

This continued for years and eventually I became increasingly quiet and shy.

Naturally, I'm a a very reserved person BUT over the years I've become more guarded.

I've developed  a relationship with God. It hasn't been the best and I believe a lot of it has to do with my guard being up all the time.

I'm always shot down for being myself and I don't want to deal with that anymore.

The people I admire the most are those that are true to themselves.

People who have the courage to express themselves even if they are labeled as "crazy".

There's a part of me that I have trouble bringing to the light.

That part of me is the real ME.

I don't reveal my TRUE to self because of fear of being shot down, rejected and ridiculed.

I have to let go of fear. I have to shoot fear down.

The real me is begging to come out but I have prevented her.

I know her.

She's beautiful, sensual, compassionate and an ambitious dreamer.

She's unique and filled with a tremendous amount of purpose.

People may not understand me but I'm through people pleasing.

Here's to you mothers and fathers that allowed your child to experience the great joy of freedom!
Here's to you mothers and fathers that bring up your child to see the beauty in themselves!
Here's to you mothers and fathers that bestow on your children the great ability to freely love another life than your own!
Here's to you mothers and fathers that are wise enough to know that love and trust are the keys to a beautiful home!
Here's to you mothers and fathers that quickly see the gift of life that God has given them. That their child belongs to God first!
Here's to mothers and fathers that train up their child in the Lord's ways!
Here's to you mothers and fathers that never saw the shame in speaking words of love!
Here's you mothers and fathers that saw the destruction in speaking wounding words to their child!
Here's to mothers and fathers that took the time to understand the ways of their child instead of ridiculing!
Here's to you mothers and fathers that believed in the dreams of you child and encouraged them!
Here's to you mothers and fathers that saw the beauty in loving in seasons of bad and in seasons of good.
Here's to you!
Yes here's to you.
The love
encouragement...
kindness...
patience...
and acceptance that you have bestowed will remain forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment