Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Power of Testimony & Prayer.

On some Saturday nights I feel very anxious.
I'm usually anxious about the approaching Sunday service that I will have to attend.
On Sundays I feel very refreshed in God's presence because, throughout the week the "busyness" of life seems to just take over.
So, on Saturdays I try to ease my anxiety by evaluating and recalling all the things I had done during the week.
I use my Saturday nights to commit all the pastors in my local church congregation into God's hands.
I ask God to allow the preacher's message to be directly influenced by the Holy Spirit. Whatever it is that God may need to say to someone in the church or even myself...I ask God to send down a rhema word from heaven!

Now...Ever since I admitted to God that I was lost and declared my Declaration of Dependence, God sent me a word through the testimony of a very loved sister in the church. The Lord answered my prayers.....

I  really shouldn't be shocked that God answered my prayers but, sometimes I just feel that I don't measure up and that God may not even want to answer my prayers...

Well...That is a lie from the devil!

It's never wrong to pray..In fact, the scriptures say that men should always be praying! (1 Thessalonians 5:17)

Anyway, the Sister's testimony was about direction and how God had pulled her out of the wrong direction and into the pathway of His divine plan for her life.

I was stunned because this was exactly the testimony that I needed to hear!

My number one plea in this season of my life is divine direction from God. I want to follow after His leading and I want to stay in faith...

I had thoughts of giving up on God answering my prayers and I noticed that my love for Him seems to be growing cold...

I thought my eyes were opened up to the love of God and now it seems like I never knew it.

Reading the scriptures nowadays feels like I'm reading an old magazine...When in fact the word of God carries mighty power. The words of God are spirit and life! (John 6:33)

Lo and behold, my pastor preached a message on love...

But, I've realized that I don't need just preaching on love...I need to experience it, for myself.

I need to ask God to open my eyes so I can understand His love for me!
Why David was a man after God's heart?
Why was Stephen so joyful as he was being stoned for his belief in Christ?
Why was Paul so passionate about preaching about God's love and grace, even from prison?!
Why are martyrs (even present day martyrs) so willing to die for Christ?

The love of God is very powerful!

In fact the scriptures say that love never fails (1 Corinthians 13:8).

In 1 Corinthians 13:13 it says:

"Three things will last forever--faith, hope, and love--and the greatest of these is love."


Love is the greatest. Love should be the force that drives a believer's faith and hope in God. Because, God is love (1 John 4:8).


On this journey, I want to increase my faith in God but most importantly, I want my love for God to be stronger with each passing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment